Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole

Cheesy Tuna Casserole is one of my favorite comfort foods ever. There are so many ways you can make a tuna casserole but this recipe has become our favorite. It's simple, very cheesy and makes great leftovers.  My mom used to make this growing up and I loved it. I have altered this recipe for for a few years and have finally come up with the combination below as the best, at least in my own personal opinion. What are your favorite comfort foods?


Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole
1 Bag of Extra Wide Egg Noodles
2 Cans of Tuna
2 Cans of Cream of Chicken Soup (Can also use Cream or Mushroom or Celery)
1-2 Cans of Milk
2 Cups (approx) Shredded Cheese
1 Cup Frozen Peas (optional, I add them if I have them on hand)

  • Boil water for noodles and cook as directed and drain.
  • In a bowl combine cream soup, 1-2 cans of milk (depending how creamy you want your casserole), 1 Cup of shredded cheese and tuna. (I also add some salt and pepper to this mix too)
  • Pour soup mixture over noodles in 9x13 baking dish and stir.
  • Top with shredded cheese and bake at 350 for about 15-20 min or until hot and cheese is melted.
I personally like my casserole to be pretty creamy, so I do not actually use all the noodles I cook. I only use about 3/4 of the bag. I start with that and mix the soup mixture into that adding more noodles if I feel it needs it. But it really just depends on what you prefer.

What is your favorite tuna casserole? Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...