Saturday, November 13, 2010

Cheesy Chicken & Bacon Quesadillas

If you are in need of a quick and easy meal, I just may have something for you. A while back one of my favorite blogs Kevin & Amanda posted a recipe that I just knew I had to try. I did however not include the avocado that the recipe called for partially because I was to chicken to try it. Even without the avocado both Jeff and I REALLY enjoyed these quesadillas. You should be able to get 4 quesadillas out of this recipe. ( I only got 3 but they were very generously filled)


Cheesy Chicken, Bacon Quesadillas
Source: Kevin & Amanda Blog

4 Tortilla Shells
1 lb of chicken breast cooked & cut into bite sized pieces & seasoned with salt & pepper
1/2 C Scallions, diced
8 Strips of bacon, cooked and cut into pieces
1 avocado, diced (optional)
shredded cheddar cheese
2 tbsp butter

1. Cook bacon & chicken seperatly then set aside
2. Add about 1/2 tbsp of the bacon drippings to a skillet and saute scallions until soft (about 2-3 minutes)
3. Add the cooked chicken to the scallions and cook about 5 minutes until chicken starts to brown, remove from pan.
4. Rinse out pan from chicken & scallions or use another skillet and add about 1/2 tbsp of butter to the skillet over medium heat. Place tortilla shell into the foamy butter.
5. Start to layer one side of the tortilla shell with Chicken, bacon, avocado, & cheese. Use tongs to flip the other half of the tortilla over and press down.
6. Cook the tortilla shell between 1 or 2 minutes each side or until golden brown.










These quesadillas certainly do not need any sort of dipping sauce becasue they are so full of flavor but if you want to try something anyway I used sour cream and Jeff dipped his in ranch dressing and LOVED it!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...