Monday, November 22, 2010

Striped Delight

CHOCOLATE...Need I say more!  I have actually made something very similar to this in the past using a graham cracker crust and vanilla pudding instead of what this chocolate recipe calls for and it's fantastic. But I must say not as fantastic as this chocolaty goodness. While making this dessert I kept coming up with alternative ingredients...like using Golden Oreos and vanilla pudding, which would be a great alternative to make if someone is not a fan of chocolate. What I love about this recipe is that it can be altered to any ones liking. Check out the Kraft Foods website to see a video and directions on how to make this dessert. I would love to know what alternative you would make, leave me a comment and let me know. I would also love to see pictures of your Striped Delight!


Striped Delight

35 Oreo Cookies
6 TBSP Butter, Melted
1 Pkg (8oz.) Cream Cheese, Softened
1/4 C Sugar
2 TBSP Cold Milk
1 Tub (12 oz) Cool Whip, Thawed
2 Pkg of JELL-O Instant Chocolate Pudding
3 1/4 C Cold Milk

1. Start by crumbling the cookies into fine crumbs using food processor. (I used blender after crushing cookies somewhat with my hands & it worked just fine). Put crumbs into a bowl and mix in melted butter. Then press onto the bottom of the 13x9 dish. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Mix together the cream cheese, sugar and 2 tbsp of milk in a bowl until well blended. Stir in about 1 1/4 C of Cool Whip then spread over the cookie crust.
3. Mix pudding mixes and milk together for about 2 min. Then pour pudding over the cream cheese layer and let stand about 5 min or until thick. Layer the remaining Cool Whip on top of pudding layer and refrigerate 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...