Sunday, May 15, 2011

Just a few cards

Hi there! Hope your Sunday is starting out great. I had big plans for today that included spending a lot of time outside doing some yard work and planting flowers. Unfortunately the weather here in Illinois is not going to make that at all possible today. Last week we had temps in the high 80's and even a couple days just over 90 and pretty humid, we even had to turn the air on. Well today it is rainy, windy and cold with a HIGH today of 50. Needless to say we now have the heat on in the house. GRRRRRRRRR! So I guess today I get some things done around the house and hopefully some crafting as well. Yesterday I got to spend the whole day with my Mom, Sister & adorable niece celebrating Mother's Day since I could not be with them last weekend. We had a great time as usual and even got to do a little bit of scrapbook shopping as well. I wanted to post a couple cards that I made for them but did not want to post until I was able to give them.


This is an easel card that I made for my Mom. I have been playing around a little bit with my photo editing program in hopes of making my photos look a little better. I also photographed these photos against a white background which I think came out OK. I like how bright and clear I was able to make them, so all the details can be seen. I am not a pro at taking photos by any means and do not have a great camera either but I think I like the way they turned out. I still have a lot to learn.


If you don't know how to make an easel card you really do have to give it a try. It is really easy and I found my dimensions and a great tutorial here at Scrappin 5 Little Cupcakes. She gives all the dimensions and shows how it goes together. There are other easel card dimensions and tutorials out in blog land but this is just the one I picked to use. The sentiment at the bottom is printed using a font available in my Microsoft Word program. The font used was Harrington. The patterned paper is by Paper Studio and the cute snail is cut from the Create-A-Critter cartridge and the Mom letters were cut from Cricut Classic Font Cartridge.





This is the card that I made for my sister. As I have told you before I am in LOVE with Zebra print and I absolutely LOVE these colors together. It ROCKS! The sentiment for this card is actually printed on using a font from Kevin & Amanda. Find the font I used here. 


I have linked these cards up at:




As Always-Thank You ALL Sooooo Much For Stopping By!!!!!



14 comments:

  1. These are both very pretty, Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Zebra! The pink and blue look great together- would have never thought to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very, very, very (there aren't enough very's) cute!!

    http://patchesofpink.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute easel card and like the zebra print!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stitching effect on the bright Mom card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really great. I love both of them a lot but the animal print is really fab.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute cards! Thank you for following my blog...as I am now following yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice cards, I love how you did the inside too. The Mothers Day card is beautiful. I am a new follower now. Thanks Phyllis

    http://cutecricutcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there pretty girl! I love how you used the flower for the snail shell-so creative and SO CUTE! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards! I love all the white stitching on the snail card... and that snail is just so cute. Great work. :o)

    Hugs and blessings! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These cards are great! I especially love the snail easel card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards, the snail is so cute and I love the zebra print paper.
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am totally in love with the second card here. Not that I don;t really like the first too lol. I think I may need to scraplift this idea! It looks so easy and yet awesome!!!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love your cards, you are very talented. I just wanted to let you know I have awarded you the cricut-tastic award. Be sure to stop by my blog to claim it.

    Ashley
    craftsfromashley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...