Sunday, December 12, 2010

Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers

I have had these on my baking list for a couple months now but  after having some the other day I knew that I had to make some. I know that this may sound weird to some or OK all of you maybe but until just recently I do not think that I have ever had a chocolate covered graham cracker.  I have heard of and seen them but never actually had one. I must have lived a sheltered life. My friend Abby gave me some to try and I instantly loved them and knew that I HAD to make some. Check out her blog here. They are super easy to make and can be decorated with just about anything. I used mainly Christmas sprinkles but also used a drizzle of white chocolate on the chocolate covered crackers and some chocolate bar shavings on just a couple of them.  My personal favorite is the chocolate, imagine that! Cover your graham crackers however you desire. Dip them half way in chocolate, completely cover them or just dip one side then top them with whatever you want. I thought about putting marshmallows or rice krispies on them too.


Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers
Source: Myself and An "A" For Effort

 
White or Chocolate Almond Bark
Graham Crackers
Sprinkles or other toppings

Simply melt your chocolate choice as directed on the packaging then dip your graham crackers however you would like. Place them on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and if adding a topping do so fairly quick before the chocolate hardens. You can just leave them on cookie sheet till chocolate hardens or place in refrigerator.

(I melted 3 squares of almond bark and was able to cover one side of 9 full size graham crackers which I simply broke in half before covering.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...