Sunday, December 26, 2010

Holiday Peppermint Bark

I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday weekend, I know we sure did. I realize this recipe would have been better posted before the Holiday but I did not make it till the very last minute. I still wanted to post it anyway. I have seen this bark made several different ways but I think the way I made it this year is my favorite. Makes a great treat to place in goodie bags to give as gifts.


Holiday Peppermint Bark

6 squares of Chocolate Almond Bark
6 squares of White Almond Bark
3 Candy Canes Crushed

  • Melt chocolate almond bark according to packaging, when completely melted pour into 8x8 baking dish lined with wax paper or onto cookie sheet with edges and let it set up (I placed mine in the fridge)
  • When chocolate bark is set up melt the white chocolate bark and pour on top of the chocolate and sprinkle crushed candy canes on top.
  •  Once completely set break the bark into desired size pieces and enjoy right away or package up and give as gifts.

I used almond bark but you can use white or chocolate chips to. With the recipe listed above I used an 8x8 pan lined with wax paper, I thought that the thickness of the chocolate came out perfect. You can also add some of the crushed candy canes right into the melted chocolate for more peppermint flavor. I only added the crushed candy canes to the top and thought the peppermint flavor was perfect for my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...