When I saw the recipe for this soup I knew that I had to make it. I had no idea just how amazing it was going to taste. The words used to describe this soup do not do it justice, you simply HAVE to make it. It is everything you would hope for in a soup; creamy, warm, comforting and absolutely FULL of delicious flavor. Did I mention that its super easy to make to? This is definitely a "must make" soup!
|You will most definitely go back for seconds!|
Creamy Chicken & Dumpling Soup
Recipe Adapted From Kevin & Amanda
1 Lb Chicken Breast
10 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
2 Quarts Water
2 C Bisquick
2/3 C Milk
2 Tbsp Butter
2 Stalks of Celery(or another vegetable, carrots)
Salt & Pepper
- Put chicken and bouillon cubes in a large pot and cover with the 2 quarts of water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and cover for about 20-25 minutes.
- Hard boil the eggs. Mix Bisquick and milk together until it is a soft dough mixture and set aside.
- When chicken is done remove it from the pot and drop spoonfuls of dough into the stock, simmer the dumplings for 10 minutes covered then another 10 minutes uncovered.
- Dice the celery and cut chicken into cubes or shred. Saute the celery in 2 tbsp of butter for approx 2 minutes then add chicken and season with some salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken and celery to the soup. Remove yolk from egg and cut up the whites and add them to soup. Stir.
This recipe serves 4