Monday, January 31, 2011

Overloaded Peanut Butter Cookies

My husband has been bugging me to make him some peanut butter cookies since Christmas. I know, shame on me for making him wait this long. Well he finally got his cookies and he was loving what I came up with. I am not a peanut butter eater so maybe that's what took me so long, they apparently did not sound good to me. Well anyway, I found a recipe that I thought he would just love. I was right!  I made one small addition to the recipe making the name "Overloaded" extremely necessary!



Overloaded Peanut Butter Cookies
Cookie Recipe adapted from Brown Eyed Baker

1 3/4 C All Purpose Flour
3/4 Tsp Salt
3/4 Tsp Baking Soda
3/4 C Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 C Vegetable Shortening
1 1/4 C Packed Light Brown Sugar
3 Tbsp Milk
1 Tbsp Vanilla
1 Egg
1 Bag of Peanut Butter Chips (My addition to the recipe, making these cookies Overloaded)
Granulated Sugar for rolling the cookies

  1. Combine flour, salt & baking soda together, set aside.
  2. Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk & vanilla with mixer until well blended. Add egg, beat until just blended.
  3. Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until combined.
  4. Take spoonfuls of dough and roll between palms to form a ball. Roll in sugar and place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Using a fork dipped in sugar make crisscross pattern on the cookie flattening the cookie slightly.
  5. Bake @ 375 for about 7-8 minutes or until slightly brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...