My husband has been bugging me to make him some peanut butter cookies since Christmas. I know, shame on me for making him wait this long. Well he finally got his cookies and he was loving what I came up with. I am not a peanut butter eater so maybe that's what took me so long, they apparently did not sound good to me. Well anyway, I found a recipe that I thought he would just love. I was right! I made one small addition to the recipe making the name "Overloaded" extremely necessary!
Overloaded Peanut Butter Cookies
Cookie Recipe adapted from Brown Eyed Baker
1 3/4 C All Purpose Flour
3/4 Tsp Salt
3/4 Tsp Baking Soda
3/4 C Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 C Vegetable Shortening
1 1/4 C Packed Light Brown Sugar
3 Tbsp Milk
1 Tbsp Vanilla
1 Bag of Peanut Butter Chips (My addition to the recipe, making these cookies Overloaded)
Granulated Sugar for rolling the cookies
- Combine flour, salt & baking soda together, set aside.
- Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk & vanilla with mixer until well blended. Add egg, beat until just blended.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Take spoonfuls of dough and roll between palms to form a ball. Roll in sugar and place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Using a fork dipped in sugar make crisscross pattern on the cookie flattening the cookie slightly.
- Bake @ 375 for about 7-8 minutes or until slightly brown.